Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Domestic Diva Tuesday

Laines Letters

Dear Sisters,
I love an easier way of doing something, don't you? Here are 25 more easier ways that I have learned over the years.

1. Tie up your scissors. Don't laugh! This one really works. I have mine tied near my desk and can always find my scissors now. Smile.

2 Tie up your scotch tape. Ditto!

3. Have a bill and letter slot. I have an old red one on the side of my desk and put my bills and letters received in it right away. The top slot holds important papers for the year.

4. Have a letter writing box. I keep mine near my desk. Inside is my stationary, address book, pen, and any letters I need to respond to.

5. Set up your coffee or tea the night before. I found this to be really helpful as my eyes aren't working too good right off in the morning. So I only need one half slit eye to locate the stove and turn it on.

6. Set up your lunches the night before. I sure make a better lunch the night before than I do in the early morning.

7. In a hurry to go somewhere? Just wash the bangs and sides of your hair, then quickly blow dry. This is the part of your head that gets dirty first. My friend dabs baby powder in her hair if it is slightly oily, then brushes through as well.

8. Heat 1 cup of water to boiling in the microwave before cleaning the inside. It gets it nice and moist for wiping down.

9. For an easy care and pretty arrangement, pair purple and pink geraniums with trailing ivy in a clay flower pot. I love these in my "garden room."

10. Easy buttermilk: 2 T. buttermilk in a 1 qt. mason jar and fill with milk to the top. Put in a warm spot for 24 hours shaking every now and then. Just remember to save 2 T. of buttermilk for the next batch.

11. To save money on milk, use reconstituted dry milk in your baking.

12. Geraniums are the easiest plant to propagate. Just snip a soft section and plant your snip in the spring. I have so many plants from this method growing up fences, in an old wheelbarrow, and in flower pots.

13. Open both ends of a tomato paste can and push the paste through. You get it all that way much easier.

14. Tie up your eyebrow tweezers and toe nail clippers. You'll always be able to find them just like your scissors and scotch tape.

15. Write how many library books you checked out and when they are due (one day ahead of time) on your calendar.

16. Take butter out when you get up to soften it for your morning baking.

17. Call your grandmother, mother-in-law, or a favorite aunt every time your phone bill comes in. I do this method with my grandmother who lives on the other side of the country. So I always know when it is time to give her a call and have a nice chat.

18. Have an hour of quiet time for your kids. It teaches them to be quiet and helps you as well in the afternoon when you might be dragging a bit.

19. Take a 20-40 minute nap while the kids are having their quiet time. Another pick-me-up if you are dragging a bit.

20. Put on a pot of tea during the kids' quiet time and see how much you can get done before the water boils. Then sit down and relax for an afternoon tea break.

21. Keep your yeast in the freezer to keep it fresher longer.

22. Keep fresh ginger in the freezer ready to be grated any time for that Chinese dish.

23. Clean the smallest room first in the house, then keep going back to it for inspiration to clean the next room! And so on, and so on...

24. Try to cook as much as you can in the oven at the same time to save money on electricity . For example: a baked chicken, baked potatoes, and baked carrots with a small cake. Look for recipes that are temperature compatible.

25. Wherever you sit the most tape Scriptures that you want to memorize near there.

Love,
Laine

"I love you, LORD, my strength." Psalms 18:1

http://www.lainesletters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.