Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Generous wife tip - Healing

Healing is a very necessary part of us being complete enough to make our marriages a success or else we're just going around in circles. Listen to Lori's sage advice and do what you need to. Your husband needs you whole and so do you.


Right off the bat, I need to apologize for the long tip. Normally I try to keep the tips brief, doable and practical. However, feedback from the last few tips sparked a desire to share some thoughts about life and love.

I recently shared about how I enjoyed a helicopter ride. What I didn't share is that for most of my life, I've had a difficulty with heights. I was abused as a child and that was a part of the fallout. A few of the ladies on the generous list know me from a recent romance cruise where I shared about this, about God's ability to heal and how heights were less and less of an issue for me. It was lovely to hear from these gals and be encouraged by them. <waving>

Wounds make us small and closed. They steal our lives. The good news is that salvation is more than fire insurance, it's about a relationship with God. He has the power and desire to heal and change lives. Please, please do not allow the wounds in your life to steal your life and your ability to be in full relationship with those you love. Your husbands want you to live life fully and share in the adventure of life with them. They are desperately hungry for that, just as we are.

I don't know what your journey of healing with look like, but I do know the One Who journeys with you. He can be trusted and He is able.

Please don't be afraid to seek help (scroll down a bit for the personal help ideas). Yes, that will likely mean some hard choices and facing painful issues. I'm of the opinion that this is very much a part of the process of healing and there is nothing wrong with doing a right thing even when you don't feel like doing it. Choose to agree with God and let Him work out the details. Please let Him teach you His perspectives. Listen to Him and do what He says. Allow Him to own your life and do His work in you. Stand against the enemy even when he promises you what you think you want. Your choices matter significantly.

God heals. Your choices are a big deal. You do not have to live life small and scared. He offers you a way to live life fully.

(spoken by Jesus) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 NKJV


Think generous! Lori
Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.