Monday, January 26, 2009

The Generous Wife tip for Monday January 26, 2009

Wonderful advice from Lori today. Find a topic that has always interested you and look it up on the internet, at the library or sign up for a free class and broaden your knowledge base. It makes a difference.

Taking Care of Yourself Series ...

I remember a number of years back when one of my kids was very small, I was in the diaper changing / trying to get sleep mode and I felt very stupid and useless. I realized that a part of my problem was that I had significantly slowed down where learning was concerned. I wasn't reading, watching the news, trying new things, etc. I was being a bit of a lump. While that is very understandable in some seasons of life, exercising the brain is a good way to move out of a challenging season and back into feeling fit and alert.
The mind is a precious gift, an absolutely marvelous creation. Studies have shown that exercising your mind is good for your overall brain function and has beneficial effects as you age (gotta create those new synapses).
I encourage you to learn new things. Read a book a month, watch a history series with your husband or kids, visit a local museum, learn a language, etc. These things keep your mind fit and open doors to relationships with other people. You have something to talk about, something to share, something to receive from others, and you get to have a healthy mind too.

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. Oliver Wendall Holmes


Think generous! Lori

Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.