Sunday, February 8, 2009

[Generous-tip_the-generous-wife.com] The Generous Wife tip for Sunday February 8, 2009

TGW web site     TGW bulletin boards     Need Help?


Sunday February 8, 2009

     Read and study the Word.  I know that we all know we are supposed to do that.  I think, however, we do it with a "have to" mentality, or we check it off of our to-do list, or, worse yet, we walk around feeling guilty because we don't do it or don't do it enough.
     Why should we read and study?  My top reason would be to get to know Him.  I don't want to read as a "have to."  I want to read because I am hungry for Him. I also know that I will be fruitless without Him and I want to be able to genuinely love and serve those around me.  That can only come from living my life with Him and allowing Him to transform me.
     I encourage y'all to make a "time with God" basket or bag.  Tuck in a Bible, a notebook and pen, a pretty bookmark and anything that will make quiet time with God easier.  Set aside regular time for God and also look for those bits of time that make themselves available to you.

      Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4  NIV


Think generous!  Lori <><


Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com

Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. NIV®.
Copyright©1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society.
Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

     Tips may be shared or reproduced in their entirety for personal or ministry use as "freeware."
When copied for ministry use, please do not edit in any way and include the copyright notice and site URL.
Please do not include tips in items made for sale.  They are created to be shared freely.

To unsubscribe: click on the following link, scroll to the bottom of the page and type your email address in the last box.  Follow directions. 
If you have any problems, please contact tech@the-generous-wife.com 
  http://svr01.thcwd.net/mailman/listinfo/generous-tip_the-generous-wife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.