Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Testimony

Dear Friends,

Every year we have a clean slate on New Year's day! In our book Body
Clutter, Leanne and I told you that you can make any day, your New
Year's day! We just need change on our heart and we can do it!

Eventually the CHAOS takes us down to a point to where we are just
DONE! We don't know what else to do! It is when we are at our bottom
that we reach out for help. This is when we realize that what we have
been doing is not working.

With our perfectionism we think that we have to do everything at once
to gain the peace that we are so desperate for. We don't realize that
each babystep we take will get us to the big picture that we see in
our heads. In our perfectionism we don't see how taking one babystep
of shining our sink could make a difference. This is exactly where I
started!

On January 1st of 1999, a decade ago, I was so tired of living in
CHAOS. I wanted more to life than just feeling guilty about a messy
house! I wanted to live and be surrounded by peace! I wanted a home
that would bless me and my family! I wanted peace! I had no idea that
what I discovered that day would change my life and yours.

I know that you are wondering what my discovery was! It was that
because of my perfectionism I expected change to be immediate and when
it was not, I beat myself up because I was not changing fast enough.
That day I realized that I was mean to myself and that it was not nice
of me to expect too much too fast. I also realized that I had never
established a habit. The process was simple now that I look back at
it! I decluttered two bad habits and added one good habit.

Decluttered --Perfectionism and Being Mean to myself

Added – Shining my Sink!

As I caught myself allowing perfectionism to be the excuse to be mean
to me; I recognized it and turned it around to love me and build
myself up! I don't have to be perfect; I just have to be kind to me!
Then I would go shine my sink. I didn't pile on by trying to do too
many habits at one time. All I had to do was keep my sink clean and
shiny. As one habit was established after a month; I picked another
one. The decluttering process for perfectionism and beating myself up
will never stop for me. That is because I am not perfect! Every day I
recognize my perfectionism and every day I am kind to myself. My
consistency is the key the peace in my life!

Peace can be your too!

FlyLady

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.