Saturday, January 24, 2009

[Generous-tip_the-generous-wife.com] The Generous Wife tip for Saturday January 24, 2009

TGW web site     TGW bulletin boards     Need Help?


Saturday January 24, 2009

     My husband and I are getting ready to run off for our 24th wedding anniversary.  While I'm gone I will run a series I did about self care a year ago. 

      My husband and I have done quite a bit of traveling over the last year.  I think I've seen the airplane safety demonstration a bazillion times.  And while I tend to zone out, there is one part that always stands out to me.  When those oxygen masks drop down, you are supposed to put your own mask on first and then help anyone around you that needs help.
     There is certainly a principle here.  If you take care of yourself, then you have the strength and ability to help others.  If you do not take care of yourself, then your effectiveness is seriously impaired.
      I'm going to take a week or so and talk about the different areas of self care.  It's not selfish.  It's sound wisdom.  God deeply loves each of us and wants us to be blessed and be a blessing.  Let's learn to take care of ourselves so that we can walk with God in this.

      And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'  Matthew 22:39  NKJV


Think generous!  Lori <><


Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com

Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982
by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

     Tips may be shared or reproduced in their entirety for personal or ministry use as "freeware."
When copied for ministry use, please do not edit in any way and include the copyright notice and site URL.
Please do not include tips in items made for sale.  They are created to be shared freely.

To unsubscribe: click on the following link, scroll to the bottom of the page and type your email address in the last box.  Follow directions. 
If you have any problems, please contact tech@the-generous-wife.com 
  http://svr01.thcwd.net/mailman/listinfo/generous-tip_the-generous-wife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.