Friday, December 12, 2008

Loving Your Husband: Titus 2:3-5 - Part 2

Laine's Letter

Dear Chosen Women of God,
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God." Titus 2:3-5

We are back today in the beautiful verse we just touched on yesterday. I tried to explain a little yesterday my part as the older woman which is spoken of in the first part of the verse. An older woman, at the time of this writing, was a Christian woman 30 years or older. I qualify! As an older woman I must continue to be "teachable" that I may have anything to teach to other women. My "teachability" will help me to be reverent. (Every person that is in front of me is more important than myself and is there for me to serve). Not slanderous. (If I spend time in The Word then I will be trustworthy with others' words and not use those words for my advantage to make myself look good at their expense.) Not addicted to anything or anyone. (Except Jesus Christ my LORD.) Then I can "give a thirst for" or "train" the younger women to love their husbands.

And that is what I want to talk to you about today: loving your husband, as it is mentioned first in the list of training. How does one do that? First and foremost, love the LORD your God with all you heart, soul, mind, and strength. For out of this command flows the next: love others as you love yourself. And that other that you are going to love first and foremost in your life is going to be your husband. He is your Head, (1 Corinthians 11:3). You are His Crown, (Proverbs 12:4). And when you love that man God gave you, you love the LORD and give Him Glory.

If you will notice in the Proverbs 31 passage in verse 23, her husband is sitting right in the middle of all her work. In Proverbs 31:11 it says that her husband has full confidence in her and that he lacks nothing of value. Now she did not win his confidence over night. And he is not sitting in the middle of her work overnight. It took time for her to learn how to do this. She is teachable! This woman we see here is an older woman. She is still in the child raising stage, but she is not just starting out; and that is why we can learn so much from her. She is accessible to our lives. She is the perfect model. She is God's Chosen Homemaker. The foundation of her life is her fear of God (vs. 30) which is reverence. For when you revere God, you will revere your husband and treat him as you should. By spending time with the LORD we learn how to do good for our husband. Out of doing good for our husband, the good for our children will follow. (We will discuss this in the future.)

Now how do we do good for our husband? What first and foremost speaks love to our husband? Are you smiling? Physical touch speaks volumes to our husbands. And I have learned that the more I fall in love with Jesus, the more I love my husband physically as he so loves to be loved, (1 Corinthians 7:4). I remember Billy Graham saying on television once that sex was better if you were in love with the LORD. He is absolutely right. Before I started to fall in love with the LORD, my husband and I fought quite a bit over this subject. ( I know this is a subject along with money that many couples often fight over.) But when you get your life aligned with God, and He is the most important One in your life (more important than yourself or your children), then your husband will be in his right position. And you will begin to love him as God meant for you to love him all your married life. I cannot begin to tell you the transformation that takes place once Jesus Christ has full control of a woman. The transformation spills over, flowing out and touching more lives than just one. And her husband is one very, very satisfied and thankful man who can say:

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all!"

This man is an elder in the gates because of her "wind beneath his wings". You can't see the wind, but the one who is flying knows full well it's there.

We will continue again how we can love our husbands. As always, it has been so nice sharing with you.

Love,
Laine

www.lainesletters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your input.

Our passion is to help you succeed in your God ordained role as a help meet to your husband.